Next Monday our very own green jobs guru, Hanna will be speaking at Join the Mutiny’s ‘Work on Trial’.
There will be discussion on how to fight racism, sexism and anti-immigration attitudes in the workplace, as well as a debate on the future of green employment. Poetry, comedy, art and music thrown in as a bonus.
“Work is the curse of the drinking classes”, joked Oscar Wilde. And today there are few lives which are not blighted by work. Hours seem to ever increase, wages have stagnated and fallen in real terms, bosses continue to be vindictive.
Hosted by Brendan Montague, journalist and author of A Year on The Sauce, guests include:
- Selma James, author of several seminal texts on sex, race, class and work, founder of the International Wages for Housework Campaign, first spokeswoman for the English Collective of Prostitutes and coordinator of Global Women’s Strike
- Siân Berry, London Green Party mayoral candidate
- Nazek Ramadan from Migrant Voice
- Anne-Marie O’Reilly from Boycott Workfare and the London Coalition Against Poverty
- James Meadway from the New Economics Foundation
- Patrizia Kokot is an activist on gender issues, and a lecturer from the School of Management & Business Aberystwyth uni.
As well as speakers, there’ll be a range of fabulous performers, filling the resistance gallery with poetry, comedy, art and music!